Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Process Manufacturing Production and Logistics
Length: 3 days
Price: $ 1,699 per person
Length: 3 days
Price: $ 1,699 per person
This three-day instructor-led course provides learners with knowledge about Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 – Process Manufacturing Production and Logistics. The purpose of this course is to give learners an overview of the business processes and the functionalities available in the Process manufacturing module of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. Students will have the opportunity to use the application to perform typical end-user tasks.
Who Should Attend
The intended audience is the users typically working for a Microsoft Dynamics partner that is selling, consulting, implementing, and supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 – Process Manufacturing Production and Logistics.
Module 1: Process Manufacturing Overview
This module provides a general overview of Process Manufacturing setups available in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 2: Formula Management
This module introduces participants to the Formula Management in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 3: Batch Orders
This module provides a general overview of Batch orders in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 4: Master Planning
This module provides a general overview of Master planning in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 5: Containerized Packaging
This module provides a general overview of Containerized packaging in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 6: Catch Weight
This module provides a general overview of Catch weight in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 7: Lot and Batch Control
This module provides a general overview of Lot and Batch control in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 8: Batch Attributes
This module provides a general overview of Batch Attributes in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 9: Vendor Information
This module provides a general overview of Vendor information in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 10: Commodity Pricing
This module provides a general overview of Commodity pricing in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 11: Product Compliance
This module provides a general overview of Product compliance in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 12: Rebates
This module provides a general overview of Rebates in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 13: Integration with Advanced Warehouse Management
This module provides a general overview of the Integration with advanced warehouse management in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the process manufacturing features and create the setups at the released products level.
- Explain a formula item and how it differs from a Bill of Material (BOM) item.
- Create a product at the enterprise level.
- Configure setups at the released product level.
- Create and apply a product template.
- Describe production types that are defined for any item, at the released product level.
- Know the difference between a formula item and a planning item.
- Define the formula lines and versions.
- Explain the use of a formula and a route in multisite production scenario.
- Explain the features and structural elements of the formula.
- Define a formula level with an example of a formula at multiple levels.
- Define a formula at multiple sites.
- Define formula line types.
- Describe the formula features in formula lines.
- Describe different access methods to create and maintain a formula.
- Define different version control methods available in formula management.
- Describe how to copy a formula from other formula versions.
- Modify a formula version by changing the yield percentage or formula size.
- Define the steps to edit a formula using the formula designer.
- Create a formula version using scalable and percentage controlled options in the formula lines.
- Describe how to use a plan group to substitute items in formula lines.
- Setup step consumption and its use in batch order processing and in a formula calculation.
- Describe batch order costing.
- Explain the prerequisites for formula calculation.
- Explain the steps to create and activate item prices.
- Calculate a cost price and sales price using a formula calculation.
- Describe the enhancements in a formula calculation relating to the process manufacturing.
- Estimate a cost price and sales price in a batch order and sales order.
- Explain the stages of the batch order life cycle.
- Explain how a batch order can be processed using the Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- Define the setup and report an unplanned co-product and by-product in a batch order.
- Explain a rework batch order and the steps to process a rework batch order.
- Define the process manufacturing functionalities adhering to master planning.
- Explain multisite planning and its prerequisites.
- Perform Master Planning across the sites within a legal entity.
- Describe intercompany planning and create the required setups.
- Define downstream source plans in master plans.
- Describe key transactions that trigger multi company planning.
- Describe methods to create intercompany sales orders.
- Define co-products and their prerequisites for planning.
- Plan co-products using a planning item.
- Plan co-products with a formula item.
- Explain the purpose and benefits of containerized packaging.
- Create bulk item conversion.
- Create formula for the packed product with reference of bulk item.
- Firm and consolidate the planned orders associated to a bulk item and packed product in the Planned order form.
- Process the bulk and packed order and review the inventory.
- Add and remove the bulk or packed order in the Consolidated batch orders form.
- Define the setup for creating a Catch Weight (CW) item.
- Create an inventory transaction with a partial visibility catch weight item.
- Create an inventory transaction with a full visibility catch weight item.
- Explain the use of catch weight in different transactions.
- Define a batch disposition code and its related setups.
- Define setup to integrate a batch disposition code with quality management.
- Configure a batch disposition code associated to partial or full blocking of inventory.
- Reset a disposition code for inventory batches manually.
- Define shelf life and its related setups.
- Configure the shelf life at the released product level.
- Reserve inventory batches using the shelf life setup.
- Explain the same batch reservation and its need for master planning.
- Explain batch attributes and setups.
- Create a batch attribute for an item.
- Assign product specific and customer specific batch attributes.
- Reserve batches by batch attributes.
- Update inventory batch attribute manually.
- Update inventory batch attribute automatically using quality order
- Explain the batch attribute groups.
- Explain AVL and define its related setups.
- Define item-vendor relationship and its period of validity.
- Inquire and validate an approved vendor list in different forms.
- Explain the necessity for a vendor batch update and its required setup.
- Perform a purchase registration with a vendor batch update.
- Define commodity pricing and its purpose.
- Define the setups required for commodity pricing.
- Setup the pricing calculation for commodity items.
- Create price and margin data for a formula item.
- View the commodity price calculation and update it in the trade agreement.
- Define product compliance and configure its necessary setups in Inventory and warehouse management.
- Associate product compliance setups for a specific item at the released products level.
- Update the product safety data sheet for a specific item at the released product level.
- Validate the product safety compliance data sheet during purchase and sales order processing.
- Explain rebates and their setup.
- Create item rebate groups and customer rebate groups.
- Create a rebate agreements to a customer.
- Process rebates to a customer.
- Define the setup relating to advanced warehouse management for catch weight products.
- Perform pallet transport for an inbound warehouse management process in catch weight unit
- Describe the setups for reservation in process manufacturing.
- Perform sales shipment using advanced warehouse management function with FEFO date-controlled and same batch reservation.