Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 for Retail in eCommerce Stores: Installation and Configuration
Length: 1 day
Price: $ 599 per person
Length: 1 day
Price: $ 599 per person
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 introduces a new suite of features that help you deploy, manage, and customize an online sales channel that is fully integrated with Microsoft Dynamics AX. By using this new suite of e-Commerce features, you can centrally manage products, merchandizing, and order fulfillment for all aspects of your online sales channel directly in Microsoft Dynamics AX. The runtime component enables you to deliver content and retail services in a scalable way. A new starter online store accelerates the development of a highly customized online channel. The starter online store includes the patterns and best practices that are required to support production-ready deployments, including powerful, search-driven, adaptive experiences offered by the SharePoint Server 2013. This course on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 for Retail in eCommerce Stores: Installation and Configuration provides lessons and labs on how to install the Online Store using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 and SharePoint 2013. Additionally, this course also provides information on architecture , main components, deployment and best practices for maintaining the Online Store.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for all consultants of Microsoft Dynamics AX partners who want to learn how to install, deploy and configure the Retail Online Storefront built on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and is fully integrated with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 for Retail. The course is recommended for all consultants who may be involved in implementation of the Ecommerce Storefronts using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 for Retail”
Module 1: Introduction and Course Objectives
This module provides an introduction to the Ecommerce Installation and Configuration course, and the course objectives
Module 2: Ecommerce Architecture
This module focuses on the architecture of Microsoft Dynamics Ecommerce solution and its components.
Module 3: Installing Ecommerce Components
Ecommerce solution includes a starter online store that is built using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013, developer tools, administrative and runtime components that integrates the SharePoint Ecommerce site with Microsoft Dynamics AX. Microsoft Dynamics AX Retail online store can be deployed on single server in a development or evaluation environment, or in a Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Server scaled-farm with multiple web front-ends for production environments. This module covers the installation process, as well as validation of deployment and troubleshooting.
Module 4: Online Store Set Up and Publishing
After the online storefront has been deployed on the SharePoint farm, you can set up the online store in Microsoft Dynamics AX and then publish it to the online storefront, as well as manage and publish the online store catalog.
The purpose of this module is to go through the tasks, procedures and configuration options for the online store configuration and publishing
Module 5: Managing Online Store in SharePoint
The purpose of this module is to provide specifics on how search affects the e-Commerce storefront.
Module 6: ECOMMERCE DEPLOYMENT TOPOLOGY
This module discusses considerations for planning the deployment topology for Ecommerce solution, with particular focus on the online store topologies, server roles, high availability and performance considerations.
What You’ll Learn
- Introduce Ecommerce solution as an integral part of Dynamics AX for Retail omni-channel vision
- Explain the course structure and objectives
- Define Ecommerce solution
- Understand the Ecommerce solution architecture and its components
- Understand Commerce Data Exchange and the services it is comprised of
- Understand Commerce Runtime architecture and services
- Understand the architecture of the starter site and its components
- Understand pre-installation tasks
- Learn how to install online channel and configure settings
- Learn how to create and configure the online store using the PowerShell
- Verify the online store deployment and troubleshoot online store deployment issues Go through the tasks, procedures and configuration options for the online store configuration * and publishing
- Explain how Cross site publishing and search in SharePoint 2013 is used to provide:
- Dynamic pages (through web parts and display templates)
- Targeted content (through query rules)
- Navigation and facets
- Query suggestions and query spelling (‘did you mean’)
- Recommendations (to improve the end-user relevance over time)
- Explain Ecommerce deployment topology considerations