Warehouse Management in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
Length: 2 days
Price: $ 1,199
Length: 2 days
Price: $ 1,199
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the necessary tools and resources to perform basic tasks in the warehouse management flow in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for partners and customers that want to learn the basic features and develop a working knowledge of the typical daily procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Warehouse Management functionality.
The class is also intended for warehouse workers, warehouse managers, shipping and receiving personnel, and other people in organizations responsible for the setup and administration of warehouse management functionality.
Module 1: Overview
This module explains describes the basic warehouse management features that are available in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. In addition, terminology and concepts of warehouse management are discussed.
Module 2: Setting Up Warehouse Management
This module explains how to set up warehouse management for use in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 3: Receipt and Storage
This module reviews the procedures for item receipt by using the Item arrival journal, as well as registration using the Inventory button in the purchase order line.
Module 4: Item Picking and Shipping
This module explains how to move items from the warehouse to the customers by using advanced functionality of picking and shipping.
Module 5: RFID in Warehouse Management
This module explains how Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) can be used in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 to process transactions in warehouse management.
Module 6: Quarantine Management
This module explains how Quarantine management works along with Warehouse management.
Module 7: Quality Management
This module reviews the setup for quality management by using inventory blocking, and the creation and processing of non conformances.
Module 8: Inquiries and Reports
This module reviews some of the reports and inquiries that are available in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the goals and features of warehouse management by using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Set up the system for warehouse management.
- Use the item arrival process to process inventory receipts.
- Create and process pallet transports.
- Use output orders, consolidated picking, and picking routes to process sales order picking.
- Create outbound rules, and deliver picked items.
- Create and process shipments by using the Create Shipment wizard, shipment staging, and shipment templates.
- Create shipment reservation combinations and sequences.
- Create refill pallet transports.
- Describe and use Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for inbound and outbound processing.
- Set up and process quarantine orders.
- Set up and use quality orders, inventory blocking, and non conformances.
- Review the reports and inquiries that are available for warehouse management.